I offer customized trainings for everyone – from frontline workers to executive teams and Boards.
Trainings go beyond building awareness to changing behaviours.
To foster learning and growth, time is invested in creating safe spaces so that participants can fully engage in activities and group discussions.
My training approach combines neuroscience, somatic practices, and problem-solving. It’s trauma-informed and survivor-centred. I apply a feminist, intersectional lens and my conflict resolution experience.
Working with your team, I will customize trainings to ensure the content is relevant and meaningful for participants.
Gender Equality & PSEA
- An Introduction to Gender Equality, Social Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Training
- An Introduction to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)
- Application of Policies and Procedures (on PSEA, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Gender Equality)
- Gender Equality: How to Apply It To Your Work
Diversity, Equity Inclusion
- Unpacking Racism, Privilege and Unconscious Bias
- How to Interrupt Biases and Deal with Strong Emotions
- Anti-Oppression and Constructive Dialogue Training
Non-Violent Communication – How to Have Difficult Conversations
- Conflict Resolution and Resilience
- Mindful Communication
- Identifying Power Dynamics and Tools for Constructive Conversations
- Building Accountability, Trust and Boundaries
The content of these trainings is always customized. Related trainings can be created upon request.
One thing my clients appreciate about my trainings is that I can relate to their circumstances in a way trainers without a background in humanitarian aid and international development can’t.
I understand the commitment to the work, the challenges and what makes it rewarding. I also understand the particular stresses that impact workplace relationships between managers, staff and colleagues.
Let’s talk about what your employees need and how I can help them.
What People Are Saying
“Our team really enjoyed working with Jo to build our conflict resolution skills. She took great care to get to know our team in advance of the sessions and as a result, delivered training tailored to our unique needs. In session, Jo’s facilitation was spot on – she is personable, engaging and strikes the right balance between delivering content and providing space for reflection and interaction. Jo also brings a deep understanding of international cooperation, social justice and feminism to her work that compliments the entire experience of working with her.”
Ashley, Communications Co-Director, Inter Pares